Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Words from Steve to us

Again, thank you to Evan for passing this along to us all:

In his living will, Steve had a section called My Wish for What I Want my Loved Ones to Know that I am sure he would want to share with all of you. These are Steve's exact words:

· I wish to have my family members and loved ones know that I love them.
· I wish to be forgiven for the times I have hurt my family, friends, and others.
· I wish to have my family members and friends know that I forgive them for what they may have done to me in my life.
· I wish for my family members and loved ones to know that because of the faith I have, I do not fear death itself. I think it is not the end, but a new beginning for me.

· I wish for my family and friends to think about what I was like before I had a terminal illness. I want them to remember me in this way after my death.

· I wish for my family and friends to look at my time of dying as a time of personal growth for everyone, including me. This will help me live a meaningful life in my final days.

· I wish for my family and friends to get counseling if they have trouble with my death. I want memories of my life to give them joy and not sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment